meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spot the warning signs in configuration file design

Sean McGrath, ITworld.com

Say you have identified a set of parameters for your application and you are now looking at how to store them, edit them, read them in and so on. You could start with a simple ini or you might be inclined to XML-ize. I like to use Python syntax for parameterization from the get-go. If I need to, I will write a parser for whatever subset of Python my application ends up using in the real world. But I wait for real-world experience using the application to tell me what that subset is. I don't try to second-guess it. ...continue reading 'Spot the warning signs in configuration file design'

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home