meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Unix Tip: Clearing the screen

By Sandra Henry-Stocker, ITworld.com

Every now and then I come across a system which, when I issue a request to clear the screen (i.e., the clear command), I get something like this instead:

oopsy# clear
ld.so.1: clear: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

Often, on encountering this problem, I simply growl, press enter a couple dozen times and continue working. When I'm in a particularly "fixit" mood, on the other hand, I figure I shouldn't be putting up with annoying configuration problems and decide to break my train of thought just long enough to tackle this distracting problem head-on. Here's what you can do when you get an error such as this.

Read the full article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home